Areas to be researched:
Early history: its early beginnings. When was it built and by whom?
What did the library contain, it's collections and how they were obtained?
Who ran the library during this time?
The library’s Museum and what it contained.
The burning and destruction of the library and the theories on who did it.
The New library of Alexandria, its collections and what it means to Egypt?
My aim in researching this topic is to utilise what information is readily available from the Swinburne University library such as books, websites and online resources such as databases, journals, etc... I will then focus my attention to other Academic library’s and their collections especially libraries that have subject areas in Ancient History such the Monash or the Melbourne University Libraries and choose information that I feel is appropriate and relevant for my topic. I will also check out my local library and State Library to see what’s on offer as well as look at the National Library of Australia’s website for more information.
To keep my blog post’s interesting to the reader, I will also source some documentaries and other videos which I feel will be both interesting , informative and from reputable websites this is to ensure that my blog site is not based purely on the theory that I have research from books which mainly deals a lot of facts. I also intending to try and post some historic images related to my topic which I will try and get off of books and other resources without breaching any copyright regulations.
I hope you will enjoy reading my blog on the Ancient Library of Alexandria!
Petra Dressel
References:
McAdams, M 2009, 'Alexandria Library Manuscripts' [image] in macloo's photostream, 22nd of December, viewed on the 8th of September 2011, http://www.flickr.com/photos/macloo/4238477601/
SagansCosmos 2009, 'The Ancient Library of Alexandria' 12th of May, viewed 9th of September 2011,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVQs4B2jAW0
History Channel 2010, 'Ancient Mysteries - The Lost Treasure of the Alexandria Library 1/5', 2nd of January, viewed 9th of September 2011,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwc_KmzFYDk
History Channel 2010, 'Ancient Mysteries - The Lost Treasure of the Alexandria Library 2/5', 2nd of January, viewed 9th of September 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRIPSyg3Mdg
National Geographic 2010, 'Alexandria Library' 25th of August, viewed 9th of September 2011,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AW8EWDW0vc
References:
McAdams, M 2009, 'Alexandria Library Manuscripts' [image] in macloo's photostream, 22nd of December, viewed on the 8th of September 2011, http://www.flickr.com/photos/macloo/4238477601/
SagansCosmos 2009, 'The Ancient Library of Alexandria' 12th of May, viewed 9th of September 2011,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVQs4B2jAW0
History Channel 2010, 'Ancient Mysteries - The Lost Treasure of the Alexandria Library 1/5', 2nd of January, viewed 9th of September 2011,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwc_KmzFYDk
History Channel 2010, 'Ancient Mysteries - The Lost Treasure of the Alexandria Library 2/5', 2nd of January, viewed 9th of September 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRIPSyg3Mdg
National Geographic 2010, 'Alexandria Library' 25th of August, viewed 9th of September 2011,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AW8EWDW0vc

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.